[UNC Fellows 2015] FW: [nclgisa] Email access for nonexempt staff

Turner, Carla CTurner at nhcgov.com
Wed Nov 25 12:04:15 EST 2015

Good morning, Gray.  It is not an expectation of our non-exempt staff to use their personal devices after hours to do County business.  Certain county employees get a stipend each month for their personal cell phone usage, but that is a very small group of exempt employees.  I spoke with one of our accountants here at Health and she agreed that non-exempt staff is discouraged from doing this.  Any “after hours” work must be supervisor-approved and, other than in the event of an emergency, I don’t see this happening.  Non-exempt staff that do use their devices after hours for County business without supervisor approval are subject to disciplinary action.  I guess all I just did was repeat what you already  said.  ☺

Happy Thanksgiving!
Carla

Carla Turner | Personal Health Services Manager

Health - Personal Health Services | New Hanover County

2029 South 17th Street

Wilmington, NC 28401

(910) 798-6559 p | (910) 341-4146 f