[Kernersville-Recreation Event Announcement List] MARCH MADNESS is here!!

Recreation Event Announcement List(REAL) real at listserv.toknc.com
Fri Mar 6 11:22:01 EST 2015

MARCH MADNESS is underway...
Sign up NOW for one of these slam dunk programs to jump start your Spring.
Visit our website for more details www.toknc.com/pr

*******RDU Spring Tennis Clinics (3/14-5/9) 5-Adult
RDU Tennis offers opportunities to learn the game, grab a fun workout, and meet new friends.  With clinics for all ages and levels-of-experience, you're sure to have a great time with Coach Rod!
Saturdays:
9:30-10:30am- Adults & Teens (Beginners)
10:30-11:30am- Grades K-3
11:30am-12:30pm- Grades 4-8

*******Stop Bullying Workshop (3/13) 5:00-6:00pm, Ages 6-12
Stop Bullying in its tracks.  Give your children the self-defense tools needed to defend themselves, if needed.  Topics we'll cover include what to do if:  pushed to the ground, hair is pulled, or grabbed.  This is real self-defense for the real world.
Fee: $15
Instructor: Elizabeth Brooks, Black Belt in Krav Maga, Certified FAST Defense & Martial Arts Instructor

*******Oil Painting for Beginners-Landscapes (3/24) 6:00-9:00pm, Ages 18 & up
Class will focus on design and techniques to create pleasing oil paintings.  We'll go over basic elements of drawing, composition and tone values. Gain confidence in your artistic abilities and approach to oil painting alongside new friends.
Fee: $35
*Materials list will be provided upon registration.  Bring a smock or apron.

*******Stress Management Workshop (3/26), Ages 12 & up
Are you stressed?? Putting yourself at greater risk of disease? Learn about major causes of stress and how to manage these stressors to reduce your health risk.
Times: 5:30-6:30pm
Fee:$10 per person
Instructor:  Michael Earle, B.S. in Physical Education, M. Ed. In Exercise Science

*******Macro Photography Exploring Plants & Nature Up Close (3/19-4/9)
By exploring the world of macro photoghaphy in this 4-week class, you will be amazed at what you'll see! Interesting patterns, textures and colors that often go unnoticed, unless you get up close! We'll learn techniques & tricks to best capture images by getting up close with your camera. We'll also discuss the best equipment to use to get these shots, and where to get it.
Time: 4:00-6:00pm
Fee: $125
Instructor: Elizabeth Larson, Professional Photographer for 25 years with 4 years teaching experience.
*Ideal for intermediate-level students with some knowledge of photography preferred.  Check website for additional details. **$10 material fee due at first class.

This email message, and any attachment(s) hereto, as well as any email message(s) that may be sent in response to it, may be considered Public Record, and as such are subject to requests for review. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message and inform the sender immediately. The information contained in this email may be confidential and, in any event, is intended only for the use of the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. Thank you.