[TRITLA] [EXTERNAL] speakers timer for your remote Concile meetings

Tom Kureczka tomk at cityofws.org
Mon Apr 20 19:23:08 EDT 2020

Hi Rodney,

We have a virtual Council meeting going on right now.  We are using Webex for the Council meeting.   The last agenda item is a Public Comment period.  The way we are handling this is citizens had until noon today to leave a voice message (Public Comment) on a telephone line specifically set up for this.  All messages will be limited to 3 minutes, as in meetings in chambers.  Staff will play the messages one at a time, stopping for any feedback by Council Members.

In two weeks we will have a meeting that will include Zoning hearings.  The is trickier because each item will have a presentation by staff, perhaps comments from the developer or resident asking for the zoning change, and the opportunity for other citizens to give input.  Our plans are to have a second webex event for the developer, resident making request for zoning change, and other interested residents.  We will allow just the audio for the second webex to participate in the Council webex.  Again, staff will control this.

Thanks, Tom