[TRITLA] Fwd: [nclgisa] Retirement of a Friend

Gary Koontz gary at forsyth.cc
Thu Apr 23 16:07:54 EDT 2020

Reposting a NCLGISA post ...

*Gary E. Koontz*, CGCIO
Chief Technology Officer
Forsyth County Government
201 N Chestnut St
Winston Salem, NC  27101
336.703.2543 (office)
gary at forsyth.cc

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: joel.hartley at davidsoncountync.gov <nclgisa at listserv.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 4:05 PM
Subject: [nclgisa] Retirement of a Friend

Greetings NCLGISA Community,

I am sharing this news with you all on behalf of my longtime friend Gray
Cassell.  Gray has been the IT Director and CIO for the Town of
Kernersville for nearly 20 years.  Last fall Gray began to experience
health issues that required him to take a medical leave.  Over this time,
Gray’s health has not improved and he will be entering retirement on May
1.

Gray’s contributions to NCLIGSA have been many over the years.  Gray served
on many NCLGISA committees early on as well as the NCLGISA Board and as
President in 2009.  Afterwards, he continued to serve as chair of the
Bylaws committee.  Most recently you may have seen Gray around the
conferences with his trusty Nikon camera taking photos of us all.  That was
one of the hobbies that Gray enjoyed.

Please join me in thanks for all the contributions that Gray has provided
to our organization.  He will be greatly missed.  Presently, Gray is not
able to access his email so I would encourage you to drop a note or card in
the mail to Gray and his wife Beverly.  His address is 107 Barden Drive,
Kernersville, NC  27284.

Respectfully and on behalf of Gray Cassell,

*Joel Hartley, CGCIO*

CIO

Davidson County Government

Information Technology

913 Greensboro Street, Suite 402, Lexington, NC  27292

+1.336.242.2032 office

*www.co.davidson.nc.us <http://www.co.davidson.nc.us/>*

*Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/DavidsonCountyNCGovernment/>*

              [image: Digital Counties_WINNER_CMYK_3x3]

If you are not the intended recipient, you must destroy this message and
inform the sender immediately. This electronic mail message and any
attachments, as well as any electronic mail message(s) sent in response to
it may be considered public record and as such subject to request and
review by anyone at any time. It also may contain information which is
confidential within the meaning of applicable federal and state laws.

Davidson County Government, PO Box 1067, Lexington, NC, USA,
www.co.davidson.nc.us
You are currently subscribed to nclgisa as: gary at forsyth.cc.