[TRITLA] Examples of correspondence to employees

Tom Kureczka tomk at cityofws.org
Tue Aug 25 16:14:50 EDT 2020

Good afternoon,

In reviewing my notes from our July 22 phone call, one conversation that we had was the various types of information that we are sharing with the employee population in our organizations with regards to the Covid-19 crisis and teleworking.  I stated that I would share a few examples that we have distributed in Winston-Salem, which I failed to do, until now.  Sorry.

These are briefs and updates that we share with all Winston-Salem employees.  Some are generic information that you could share with any citizen.  Others are much more specific to our internal operations and business practices, for example we created a Remote Users Guide for employees that shared information, down to screen shots, on how to access out internal network and our many business systems remotely.  I have attached some examples that cover this range.

Much of this information had been previously shared with our general employee population of 2,700.  What we have learned the past few months is that now they really need to read the information.   :)    We are also using these briefs to keep cybersecurity concerns fresh in people's minds.

Please feel free to reply and share with the group any examples of correspondence that you have that may be of value to others.

Thanks, Tom

Chief Information Officer
Information Systems
City of Winston-Salem
Ph: (336) 747-7005
Email: tomk at cityofws.org

City of Winston-Salem
        ONE TEAM
Committed to Excellence

All e-mails including attachments sent to and from this address are subject to being released to the media and the public in accordance with the North Carolina Public Records Law.