[TRITLA] Wi Fi Locations with Hometown Strong

Jesse Day jday at ptrc.org
Thu Nov 5 09:07:30 EST 2020

Tritla,
  I’m sure you have all see this, but wanted to make you aware of the following grant opportunity.  Let us know if we can assist with anything at the PTRC.  Best, jesse

---
Hometown Strong is working on an initiative that will improve internet connectivity in underserved areas of North Carolina.

We are working with multiple partners across the state in order to provide connectivity solutions, and are looking for community sites across North Carolina that need internet access. These community sites can be a range of areas such as parks, community centers, mobile home communities, a housing authority, neighborhoods, government buildings, etc. The community sites just need to be accessible to community members; spaces with a parking lot, seating area, or other pedestrian friendly zone are ideal.

There are a range of solutions that we can offer. Generally, these solutions will include the device, installation, and 12 months of services. The State will then enter into an MOA with the county or municipality in which the community site is located.

Please fill out this Google form for any site that you are recommending. The information needed includes: the name of the site, the physical address, the county, the name, email and phone number of a site contact who can be at the site for installation, as well as the name, email and title of the person serving as the signatory for the MOA.

https://forms.gle/2G5hih9Rn1eNXFPE9<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fforms.gle%2fo272bHaGsKZAWzGr8&c=E,1,qe_jxP7xqOL1lT37klqsLMPVPWPpqwP5ZkpdBg-p_5IkyUnkDSKtiEJzcwVfViXO1Tmurzc02nP-TX0YjXZcAAVrsvvzRo-HCgr60aor8WVxqoV6gaRRrg,,&typo=1>

The focus of this initiative will be on underserved census blocks which can be viewed by clicking this link. Even if your site is not in an underserved census block, please submit it for consideration. This map is to help highlight focus areas.

https://nconemap.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=16f4cf5be35b412c83a37ae65c27524d<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fnconemap.maps.arcgis.com%2fapps%2fwebappviewer%2findex.html%3fid%3d16f4cf5be35b412c83a37ae65c27524d&c=E,1,5YhSP6F3pT4vX8ZIvAFyeQu10BxtcuzNg2Qy9Ytrba1ryS4-zFDb5dIn5VT0TlqcHIGXVLuPitZ9rnLFiz_rScW0r3D0JBg5JEhfGr0lSSS5C81f6g,,&typo=1>

Please contact Anderson Miller at anderson.miller at osbm.nc.gov<mailto:anderson.miller at osbm.nc.gov> with any questions.

Jesse​ Day, AICP<tel:AICP>
Planning Director
PTRC Regional Planning Department