[TRITLA] Verizon Service

Derek Southern dsouthern at co.rockingham.nc.us
Fri Jul 20 10:25:23 EDT 2018

Kevin,
We meet with our Verizon rep yesterday about reports of dropped calls in
areas that had service in the past.  We were able to narrow it down to a
couple areas where towers had been upgraded from old technology and he
asked me to make sure LTE was turned on for Voice and Data.  I made the
change on one of our deputies phones and it helped in an area that he had
reported calls being dropped.   We also had an area that we recently
reported for dropped calls and it turns out they adjusted the antenna
because the overlap between towers caused a dead area directly in line with
a major highway.  As mentioned before he asked that we report areas with
issues and time of day so they can continue to try to improve the network.
Thanks,
Derek